Problems with special characters in generated PDF files

Hello all,

im using the last Virtual Appliance and have some problems with special characters in generated PDF files.

Example:
Mit freundlichen Gr??en / Best regards

It should be "ü" and "ß", i found some log entries but i don't know if it´s connected. I there the possibility to chance the engcoding for the PDF generation?

Logentry:
WARNING: UnsupportedCharsetException. Message: java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: ISO8859-10

Jan 07, 2015 6:37:06 AM mitm.common.charset.FallbackCharsetProvider charsetForName

WARNING: Falback to default charset: US-ASCII

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

i. A. Jan Hartmann
IT Administrator Groupware

phone: +49 2371 820 298
fax: +49 2371 211 443
e-mail: j.hartmann(a)kirchhoff-gruppe.de

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH
c/o KIRCHHOFF Automotive GmbH
Stefanstrasse 2
58638 Iserlohn
Germany

···

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH | HRB 6370 Amtsgericht Iserlohn | Sitz der Gesellschaft: 58640 Iserlohn | Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Wolfgang Kirchhoff, Andreas Haase, Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Leitzgen | http://www.kirchhoff-group.com/>

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Hello all,

im using the last Virtual Appliance and have some problems with special characters in generated PDF files.

I'm sorry to hear that you have issues with special characters. I know
that special characters should work fine. I'll ask a tech support person
to look into it. Thanks for your notification.

kind regards
Christine

···

On 07-01-15 14:05, Hartmann, Jan wrote:

Example:

It should be "ü" and "ß", i found some log entries but i don't know if it´s connected. I there the possibility to chance the engcoding for the PDF generation?

Logentry:
WARNING: UnsupportedCharsetException. Message: java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: ISO8859-10

Jan 07, 2015 6:37:06 AM mitm.common.charset.FallbackCharsetProvider charsetForName

i. A. Jan Hartmann

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH
Stefanstrasse 2
58638 Iserlohn
Germany

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH | HRB 6370 Amtsgericht Iserlohn | Sitz der Gesellschaft: 58640 Iserlohn | Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Wolfgang Kirchhoff, Andreas Haase, Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Leitzgen | http://www.kirchhoff-group.com/>

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail.Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information.If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

--
CipherMail email encryption

The PDF encryption module supports all Unicode characters. The problem
however is that the character encoding of your email uses a character
encoding which is not supported by Java (ISO8859-10). We can see whether
we can add support for this particular character set to Java but this
will require some coding and testing. The easiest for now is to make
sure that the email you send is using a character set which is supported
by Java. The best generally supported charset for all Unicode characters
is UTF-8. Is it possible to make the sending application use UTF-8 for
outgoing email?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

···

Hello all,

Example:

Logentry:

i. A. Jan Hartmann

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH
Stefanstrasse 2
58638 Iserlohn
Germany

Thats it, i will force outlook to use UTF-8 by group policy

Thx

i. A. Jan Hartmann

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH
Stefanstrasse 2
58638 Iserlohn
Germany

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH | HRB 6370 Amtsgericht Iserlohn | Sitz der Gesellschaft: 58640 Iserlohn | Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Wolfgang Kirchhoff, Andreas Haase, Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Leitzgen | http://www.kirchhoff-group.com

···

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: users-bounces(a)lists.djigzo.com [mailto:users-bounces(a)lists.djigzo.com] Im Auftrag von martijn
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. Januar 2015 17:00
An: users(a)lists.djigzo.com
Betreff: Re: Problems with special characters in generated PDF files

The PDF encryption module supports all Unicode characters. The problem however is that the character encoding of your email uses a character encoding which is not supported by Java (ISO8859-10). We can see whether we can add support for this particular character set to Java but this will require some coding and testing. The easiest for now is to make sure that the email you send is using a character set which is supported by Java. The best generally supported charset for all Unicode characters is UTF-8. Is it possible to make the sending application use UTF-8 for outgoing email?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

Hello all,

Example:

Logentry:
WARNING: UnsupportedCharsetException. Message:
java.nio.charset.UnsupportedCharsetException: ISO8859-10

Jan 07, 2015 6:37:06 AM mitm.common.charset.FallbackCharsetProvider
charsetForName

i. A. Jan Hartmann

KIRCHHOFF Witte GmbH
Stefanstrasse 2
58638 Iserlohn
Germany

http://www.kirchhoff-group.com/>