Cannot create external user certificate with e-mail enabled

I am following the steps in the S/MIME Setup PDF document for creating a external user certificate, but I keep running into the same error.

Under the steps for section 3.3, when I do all of the listed steps, I get this error to appear:
"The issued certificate can only be sent when the CA email address is specified. See CA settings."

-- Michael

···

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). This email may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research Corporation. If you are not a named recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, copying, using, disclosing or distributing to others the information in this email and attachments. If you believe you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts of the email or attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Export or transfer of this technical data and/or related information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may require advance export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency prior to export or transfer. In addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo controls without prior export authorization. By accepting this email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.

Under the steps for section 3.3, when I do all of the listed steps, I
get this error to appear: "The issued certificate can only be sent
when the CA email address is specified. See CA settings."

It seems that something is missing to the step-by-step guide. You should
specify the CA sender. See section "13.2 CA settings" (page 41) of the
administration guide.

I will add the missing step to the s/mime setup guide.

Thanks,

Martijn Brinkers

···

On 12/22/2010 12:31 AM, Worsham, Michael wrote:

I am following the steps in the S/MIME Setup PDF document for creating a external user certificate, but I keep running into the same error.

Under the steps for section 3.3, when I do all of the listed steps, I get this error to appear:
"The issued certificate can only be sent when the CA email address is specified. See CA settings."

-- Michael

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). This email may contain confidential and/or proprietary information of Scientific Research Corporation. If you are not a named recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, copying, using, disclosing or distributing to others the information in this email and attachments. If you believe you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or storage media and destroy any printouts of the email or attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Export or transfer of this technical data and/or related information to any foreign person(s) or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may require advance export authorization by the appropriate U.S. Government agency prior to export or transfer. In addition, technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S. embargo controls without prior export authorization. By accepting this email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and embargo compliance requirements.

--
Djigzo open source email encryption

Zitat von Martijn Brinkers <martijn(a)djigzo.com>:

···

Under the steps for section 3.3, when I do all of the listed steps, I
get this error to appear: "The issued certificate can only be sent
when the CA email address is specified. See CA settings."

It seems that something is missing to the step-by-step guide. You should
specify the CA sender. See section "13.2 CA settings" (page 41) of the
administration guide.

I will add the missing step to the s/mime setup guide.

Thanks,

Martijn Brinkers

On 12/22/2010 12:31 AM, Worsham, Michael wrote:

I am following the steps in the S/MIME Setup PDF document for
creating a external user certificate, but I keep running into the
same error.

Under the steps for section 3.3, when I do all of the listed steps,
I get this error to appear:
"The issued certificate can only be sent when the CA email address
is specified. See CA settings."

-- Michael

Research Corporation. If you are not a named recipient, you are
prohibited from reviewing, copying, using, disclosing or
distributing to others the information in this email and
attachments. If you believe you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
email, any attachments, and all copies thereof from any drives or
storage media and destroy any printouts of the email or attachments.

EXPORT COMPLIANCE NOTICE: This email and any attachments may
contain technical data subject to U.S export restrictions under the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export
Administration Regulations (EAR). Export or transfer of this
technical data and/or related information to any foreign person(s)
or entity(ies), either within the U.S. or outside of the U.S., may
require advance export authorization by the appropriate U.S.
Government agency prior to export or transfer. In addition,
technical data may not be exported or transferred to certain
countries or specified designated nationals identified by U.S.
embargo controls without prior export authorization. By accepting
this email and any attachments, all recipients confirm that they
understand and will comply with all applicable ITAR, EAR and
embargo compliance requirements.

--
Djigzo open source email encryption

Uhh, sorry.

Please ignore the latest mail, simply fat-fingered with too less coffee.

Regards

Andreas