Move from virtual appliance v3 to v4

Hallo,
ich möchte gerne mit meiner bestehende Konfiguration der virtuellen Appliance der Version 3.x auf die Version 4.x umziehen. Da dies über die Backup-Funktion nicht möglich ist, versuche ich dies händisch. Leider finde ich jedoch nicht heraus, wie ich mein root-CA umziehen kann. Die sub-Ca lässt sich genauso wie die User-Zertifikate umziehen, nicht jedoch die root-CA.
Weiß jemand, wie das geht?

regards
Dietmar Möller

[cid:logo2_0f2d5e19-ecbe-42e8-a5ed-17343c7a9142.png]

Marktstraße 2

74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

Telefon: (07962) 71284-0

Fax: (07962) 71284-30

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Telefon: 07962 - 7128420

Handy: 01577 - 9500600

Fax: 07962 - 7128430

Mail: d.moeller(a)straphael.de

Marktstraße 2

74579 Fichtenau

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veröffentlichung, Vervielfältigung und Weitergabe dieser E-Mail durch unberechtigte Dritte ist unzulässig. Wir bitten Sie, sich mit dem Absender in Verbindung zu setzten, falls Sie nicht der Adressat dieser E-Mail sind, und das Material von ihrem Computer zu löschen. Herzlichen Dank!

logo2_0f2d5e19-ecbe-42e8-a5ed-17343c7a9142.png

Sorry, first Mail in german...

Hello,
I would like to move my existing configuration of the virtual appliance from version 3.x to version 4.x. Since this is not possible via the backup function, I try this manually. Unfortunately I can't find out how to move my root CA. The sub-Ca can be moved in the same way as the user certificates, but not the root CA.
Does anyone know how to do this?

regards

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau

St. Raphael
Kinder- und Jugendhilfe

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Jede Form der Kenntnisnahme, Veröffentlichung, Vervielfältigung und Weitergabe dieser E-Mail durch unberechtigte Dritte ist unzulässig. Wir bitten Sie, sich mit dem Absender in Verbindung zu setzten, falls Sie nicht der Adressat dieser E-Mail sind, und das Material von ihrem Computer zu löschen. Herzlichen Dank!

Hi Dietmar,

You can select all the root certificats and download them as a p7b file.
Then import the certs into the new gateway.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

···

On 12-06-18 10:56, Dietmar Möller via Users wrote:

Hello,
I would like to move my existing configuration of the virtual appliance from version 3.x to version 4.x. Since this is not possible via the backup function, I try this manually. Unfortunately I can't find out how to move my root CA. The sub-Ca can be moved in the same way as the user certificates, but not the root CA.

regards

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau

St. Raphael
Kinder- und Jugendhilfe

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail

Hello,
yes, I can export the root certificates. But the problem is:
I created the root certificate and the intermediate certificate with Ciphermail. The intermediate certificate expires earlier than the root certificate. Therefore, I have to create a new intermediate certificate at some point. But this is only possible if I also have the private key for the root certificate. But I can't export it. If my intermediate certificate has expired, I also have to create a new root certificate.
Since our system has not been running for long and our root certificate is not yet so well known, I have now set everything up again - with a new root certificate. Hope that this can be done by the backup/restore function during the next update.

Thank you very much
Greeting Dietmar

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau

St. Raphael
Kinder- und Jugendhilfe

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

Besuchen Sie auch unser Begegnungsfest · 01. Juli 2018 · in Fichtenau - Unterdeufstetten-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

···

Von: Users <users-bounces(a)lists.djigzo.com> Im Auftrag von Martijn Brinkers via Users
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 21:39
An: users(a)lists.djigzo.com
Betreff: SPAM: Re: Move from virtual appliance v3 to v4

Hi Dietmar,

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

Hello,

regards

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau

St. Raphael
Kinder- und Jugendhilfe

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

--

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and secure webmail pull.

Hi Dietmar,

The CA functionality of CipherMail is limited. For example the root
certificate is generated and then the intermediate CA is generated.
Unfortunately only the root certificate is stored. There were various
reasons for this, some historic. When we improve the CA we will fix
this. Unfortunately at the moment you need to generate a new CA. if you
want to keep the root, its best to generate one externally (for example
with openssl) and then import the root certificate and intermediate
(with private key). You can the use the CA to generate end user certs.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

···

On 14-06-18 10:09, Dietmar Möller via Users wrote:

Hello,
yes, I can export the root certificates. But the problem is:
I created the root certificate and the intermediate certificate with Ciphermail. The intermediate certificate expires earlier than the root certificate. Therefore, I have to create a new intermediate certificate at some point. But this is only possible if I also have the private key for the root certificate. But I can't export it. If my intermediate certificate has expired, I also have to create a new root certificate.
Since our system has not been running for long and our root certificate is not yet so well known, I have now set everything up again - with a new root certificate. Hope that this can be done by the backup/restore function during the next update.

Thank you very much
Greeting Dietmar

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau

St. Raphael
Kinder- und Jugendhilfe

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

Besuchen Sie auch unser Begegnungsfest · 01. Juli 2018 · in Fichtenau - Unterdeufstetten-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Users <users-bounces(a)lists.djigzo.com> Im Auftrag von Martijn Brinkers via Users
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Juni 2018 21:39
An: users(a)lists.djigzo.com
Betreff: SPAM: Re: Move from virtual appliance v3 to v4

Hi Dietmar,

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

Hello,

regards

Dietmar Möller
Systemadministrator

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau

St. Raphael
Kinder- und Jugendhilfe

Marktstraße 2
74579 Fichtenau
www.straphael.de

--

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and secure webmail pull.

https://www.ciphermail.com