Hopefully a simple question re: external users

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question, but at the moment I can't see anything in the documentation that tells me one way or the other. (It may be there, and if so, I've missed it.)

I'm looking at possibly deploying Djigzo in our environment, our setup would use the PDF encryption, web portal, etc. We would use a subject trigger and DLP to ensure sensitive data is being encrypted. As far as the user setup goes, if I simply set up our internal domain with the "internal" locality, leaving every other domain as external, would I actually need to set up external users in Djigzo if I wasn't going to apply any specific domain or user policies to external users? I.e. we can send to anyone "outside" and the data will go encrypted without issue if the subject trigger or DLP settings are met, and go decrypted without issue otherwise? It's just not clear to me if we would be required to add every recipient email address from external domains that we wanted to send encrypted email to into Djigzo.

Thanks,

Scott Closter

CU Technical & Administrative Services Corp<http://www.cutasc.com/&gt;
T: 1 250 627 3654
F: 1 250 627 3601
CUTASC: lean thinking. member centricity

NOTICE - This email and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed for the purpose for which it is provided and for no other purpose without our permission. This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (250) 923-3953 or by return email and destroy/delete any and all copies of this communication.

Quoting Scott Closter <scottcloster(a)cutasc.com>:

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question, but at the moment I
can't see anything in the documentation that tells me one way or the
other. (It may be there, and if so, I've missed it.)

I'm looking at possibly deploying Djigzo in our environment, our
setup would use the PDF encryption, web portal, etc. We would use a
subject trigger and DLP to ensure sensitive data is being encrypted.
As far as the user setup goes, if I simply set up our internal
domain with the "internal" locality, leaving every other domain as
external, would I actually need to set up external users in Djigzo
if I wasn't going to apply any specific domain or user policies to
external users? I.e. we can send to anyone "outside" and the data
will go encrypted without issue if the subject trigger or DLP
settings are met, and go decrypted without issue otherwise? It's
just not clear to me if we would be required to add every recipient
email address from external domains that we wanted to send encrypted
email to into Djigzo.

Hello

the concept is that you can apply settings at different levels. First
important step is to check if the recipient is internal or external
with external being the default. Then all relevant settings are
applyed from the general settings to the domain settings and last the
user settings. So if you have a recipient which is not internal and
not in any domain and no user the default settings for external
recipients apply. In the administration manual part E there are flow
charts which clearify this.

Regards

Andreas

Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question, but at the moment I can't see anything in the documentation that tells me one way or the other. (It may be there, and if so, I've missed it.)

A question can't be dumb. It's the answer that can't be dumb. Or that's
what one of my college professors used to say.

I'm looking at possibly deploying Djigzo in our environment, our setup would use the PDF encryption, web portal, etc. We would use a subject trigger and DLP to ensure sensitive data is being encrypted. As far as the user setup goes, if I simply set up our internal domain with the "internal" locality, leaving every other domain as external, would I actually need to set up external users in Djigzo if I wasn't going to apply any specific domain or user policies to external users? I.e. we can send to anyone "outside" and the data will go encrypted without issue if the subject trigger or DLP settings are met, and go decrypted without issue otherwise? It's just not clear to me if we would be required to add every recipient email address from external domains that we wanted to send encrypted email to into Djigzo.

If you use a subject trigger, you can set this up so you don't need
separate user or domain configuration. You do need to set it up so it
will use pdf encryption always if the subject trigger is used. Also, you
need to set it up in a way that Djigzo doesn't need to send a text
message, as that is specific per user.

dagadg
Christine

···

On 02/02/2012 12:46 AM, Scott Closter wrote:

Thanks,

Scott Closter

CU Technical& Administrative Services Corp<http://www.cutasc.com/&gt;

NOTICE - This email and any files transmitted with it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed for the purpose for which it is provided and for no other purpose without our permission. This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (250) 923-3953 or by return email and destroy/delete any and all copies of this communication.

--
dagdag is just a two character rotation of byebye

Okay, that makes total sense to me. Thanks for the response Christine.

Scott

Scott Closter | | CU Technical & Administrative Services Corp. | 250 627 3654

···

-----Original Message-----
From: users-bounces(a)lists.djigzo.com [mailto:users-bounces(a)lists.djigzo.com] On Behalf Of Christine
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2012 6:09 AM
To: users(a)lists.djigzo.com
Subject: Re: Hopefully a simple question re: external users

On 02/02/2012 12:46 AM, Scott Closter wrote:

A question can't be dumb. It's the answer that can't be dumb. Or that's
what one of my college professors used to say.

If you use a subject trigger, you can set this up so you don't need
separate user or domain configuration. You do need to set it up so it
will use pdf encryption always if the subject trigger is used. Also, you
need to set it up in a way that Djigzo doesn't need to send a text
message, as that is specific per user.

dagadg
Christine

Thanks,

Scott Closter

CU Technical& Administrative Services Corp<http://www.cutasc.com/&gt;

--
dagdag is just a two character rotation of byebye