Another question about domain certificates

Good evening

after my last posting about domain certificates, I decided to test this feature.

Djigzo accepted the email address *@abc.com and I was able to configure this "user".

When I now download the certificate for *@abc.com and import it on another Djigzo system, will this system really use this certificate for every email to addresses that end on abc.com??

And if it does, where do I get an official wildcard certificate? I have checked the website of Verisign and Thawte, but couldn't find an offer for wildcard email certificates, only for single email addresses.

Best regards,

Stefan

Even though it will accept a certificate with a wildcard email address,
Djigzo will not automatically use it for the domain. There is afaik no
official standard for wildcard email certificates. If you want to
encrypt all email sent to a specific domain, you need to add a domain
and select that certificate as an encryption certificate for that
domain. This works for any kind of certificate, wildcard or no wildcard
certificate. The administrator need to decide whether a certificate is
valid for a domain or not.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

ยทยทยท

On 11/08/2011 10:10 PM, Stefan Michael Guenther wrote:

after my last posting about domain certificates, I decided to test this feature.

Djigzo accepted the email address *@abc.com and I was able to configure this "user".

When I now download the certificate for *@abc.com and import it on another Djigzo system, will this system really use this certificate for every email to addresses that end on abc.com??

And if it does, where do I get an official wildcard certificate? I have checked the website of Verisign and Thawte, but couldn't find an offer for wildcard email certificates, only for single email addresses.

--
Djigzo open source email encryption