rejected mail for []:25 loops back to myself

Hi Martijn,
While the gateway works great after setting it up between a Centos 7 based email server and a firewall (Direct delivery setup), unfortunately after trying to set it up between an exchange server and firewall I'm running into a reject error (Recipient address rejected: unverified address: mail for []:25 loops back to myself.)
There are 2 exchange servers running in DAG with 1 ciphermail gateway configured for each of the exchange servers.
At first I thought the hostname of the exchange servers are the same as the ciphermail but they are different, as advised in the documentation the MTA hostname is set to the fully qualified domain name of the external IP address. Also there is no virus scanneror external relay server in the setup.
Any idea what else I could be missing ?
Many thanks !Gabi

The MTA logs should provide more information. Can you send the MTA logs?

Kind regards,

Martijn

ยทยทยท

On 05/13/2017 11:24 AM, Gabi Munteanu via Users wrote:

Hi Martijn,
While the gateway works great after setting it up between a Centos 7 based email server and a firewall (Direct delivery setup), unfortunately after trying to set it up between an exchange server and firewall I'm running into a reject error (Recipient address rejected: unverified address: mail for :25 loops back to myself.)
There are 2 exchange servers running in DAG with 1 ciphermail gateway configured for each of the exchange servers.
At first I thought the hostname of the exchange servers are the same as the ciphermail but they are different, as advised in the documentation the MTA hostname is set to the fully qualified domain name of the external IP address. Also there is no virus scanneror external relay server in the setup.
Any idea what else I could be missing ?

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail