Installing on Mac OS X - wrapper missing

Hi,

I tried to install the tar.gz on Mac OS X, but the ant call fails with:

init-wrapper:

init:
     [echo] Trying to load 'wrapper.dist.Mac OS X.i386.properties'

BUILD FAILED
/Users/rainer/Projects/djigzo/djigzo/build.xml:96: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/rainer/Projects/djigzo/djigzo/wrapper/build.xml:12: wrapper.dist.tar cannot be determined. Does the property file 'wrapper.dist.Mac OS X.i386.properties' exist?

As djigzo is advertized with "Djigzo runs on all systems that support Java and Postfix", I think it should be possible to make this work, and I want to try that. I'm a Java developer, and familiar with and, so a rough guide on what to modify in the ant files would be enough for me.

So: what wrapper is this (original download), what is it used for, and is it possible to make djigzo work without it (e.g. directly starting any Java class)?

Thanks
Rainer Frey

Hi Rainer,

Djigzo has not yet been tested on OSX. You can download a Java wrapper
for OSX from

http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/download.jsp

I do not have a MAC available so I cannot test it but I can help you
with it.

Kind regards,

Martijn

PS you are right in that it should probably be "Djigzo should probably
run on all systems that support Java" :slight_smile:

Rainer Frey wrote:

···

Hi,

init-wrapper:

init:

BUILD FAILED
/Users/rainer/Projects/djigzo/djigzo/build.xml:96: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/rainer/Projects/djigzo/djigzo/wrapper/build.xml:12: wrapper.dist.tar cannot be determined. Does the property file 'wrapper.dist.Mac OS X.i386.properties' exist?

As djigzo is advertized with "Djigzo runs on all systems that support Java and Postfix", I think it should be possible to make this work, and I want to try that. I'm a Java developer, and familiar with and, so a rough guide on what to modify in the ant files would be enough for me.

So: what wrapper is this (original download), what is it used for, and is it possible to make djigzo work without it (e.g. directly starting any Java class)?

Thanks
Rainer Frey

--
Djigzo open source email encryption

Hi Martijn,

thanks for the quick answer. I put the OS X version in the wrapper directory, and it works almost out of the box. There is just one little thing:
On Mac OS X the native library has the extension ".jnilib", not ".so". I changed the wrapper/build.xml to be able to use a plattform dependent file extension defined in the wrapper.dist.properties (see attached patch file). I also attached a wrapper.dist.properties file for OS X for your reference.

Rainer

wrapper_build.xml.patch (596 Bytes)

wrapper.dist.MacOSX.i386.properties (94 Bytes)

···

On 09.12.2009, at 16:46, Martijn Brinkers wrote:

Hi Rainer,

Djigzo has not yet been tested on OSX. You can download a Java wrapper for OSX from

Download Java Service Wrapper - Java Service Wrapper

I do not have a MAC available so I cannot test it but I can help you with it.

Kind regards,

Martijn

PS you are right in that it should probably be "Djigzo should probably run on all systems that support Java" :slight_smile:

Rainer Frey wrote:

Hi,
init-wrapper:
init:
BUILD FAILED
Thanks
Rainer Frey

--

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the info and the patches. I have added your changes.

Kind regards,

Martijn

Rainer Frey wrote:

···

Hi Martijn,

thanks for the quick answer. I put the OS X version in the wrapper directory, and it works almost out of the box. There is just one little thing:
On Mac OS X the native library has the extension ".jnilib", not ".so". I changed the wrapper/build.xml to be able to use a plattform dependent file extension defined in the wrapper.dist.properties (see attached patch file). I also attached a wrapper.dist.properties file for OS X for your reference.

Rainer

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Rainer,

Djigzo has not yet been tested on OSX. You can download a Java wrapper for OSX from

Kind regards,

Martijn

PS you are right in that it should probably be "Djigzo should probably run on all systems that support Java" :slight_smile:

Rainer Frey wrote:

Hi,
init-wrapper:
init:
BUILD FAILED
Thanks
Rainer Frey

--

--

Hi Martijn,

thanks. Note that there is also a 64bit Mac version, for use with 64bit Intel Macs with a 64bit JVM. I can't tell you the value of the os.arch property though, as I have no access to such a machine. Difference is only that it should use the 64bit wrapper.tar.gz and the name of the wrapper.dist.properties file.

Rainer

···

On 10.12.2009, at 09:04, Martijn Brinkers wrote:

Hi Rainer,

Thanks for the info and the patches. I have added your changes.

Kind regards,

Martijn

Rainer Frey wrote:

Hi Martijn,
Rainer

Hi Rainer,

Kind regards,

Martijn

Rainer Frey wrote:

Hi,
init-wrapper:
init:
BUILD FAILED
Thanks
Rainer Frey

--

--