Install CipherMail on Debian 12 (Bookworm)

Hello folks!

I would like to install CipherMail for testing and stumbled across a “little” problem.

We updated our systems from Debain 11 (Bullseye) to Debian 12 (Bookworm).

As of now the CipherMail Packeges supplied for download need the openjdk 11. But this is no more available for installation from the normal repo. The latest Version is openjdk 17.

I know that I could use a other repo to get the openjdk 11 but as the version 11 will run out in October of 2024 I would not start here.

Is there a new release planned which includes the support of openjdk 17, or is there a way to install CipherMail around the prerequisites which are in the package?

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately the current release requires Java 11. We are however working hard on a major update (we are already working on for a long time) The upcoming major release requires >= Java 17.

Unfortunately we do not yet have a release date.

Hi Martijn,

I don’t know if you can tell us, but what major features and changes are planned for the next release? Just curious.

Hej Martjin!

Thanks for the information.
Most likley I will now test with the old Java version and will wait for the new release, befor we can take it any further or to produtcion.

Thanks Sascha